HP Printers are renowned globally for their quality, performance, and various features to perform multiple functions on a pocket-friendly budget. However, being hardware, they also may encounter technical problems that may require an expert to solve a particular issue. HP printers not turning ON is one of the most common problems which one can encounter while using them. The printer may shut down in between suddenly while performing a printing task. It might take hard efforts to turn the HP printer back ON again. Generally, this happens due to hardware issues. In this article, we will share all possible ways using which one can easily solve mentioned issue in an effective manner.
Step wise Information Guide to follow When HP Printer not Turing ON
Apart from the hardware issue, there might be other possible reasons as well that might end up causing HP Printer not to turn ON. In the below-mentioned section, we will step wise fix to perform when your HP Printer says no to turn on.
1. Check the source of power supply with a different power cable
The first and foremost step is to diagnose whether the power source is working appropriately. Arrange one another power cables and link the same with the printer to a properly working power outlet.
- Remove the power cable from the main power socket or wall outlet.
- Now connect the printer with another working outlet.
- Turn on the printer back again. If it successfully turns on, it means you have resolved the problem, otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Find a cord with the same connection as the printing device’s power cord. Now, link the cord to the wall outlet and to the printer.
- Switch on the printer. Hopefully, it will turn on.
2. Perform a Manual Reset to Restore The Printer’s Power After A Power Outage
If you witness a power outage and find out that the printer is not turning on since then. It clearly indicates electrical damages took place during the power outage. The main reason for crashing HP printers is a power outage as electrical damage happened during this time period stops printers from turning back on. In this case, you can go for a manual reset and make your printer turn back on.
- Begin with disconnecting the power supply from your HP printer.
- Now, take away the ink cartridges.
- Wait for 60 seconds or 1 minute.
- After that, link the power cord back to the printer.
- Now, switch on your printer. Your printer may still have no power. If you notice this, follow the steps below.
- Replace the printer ink cartridges. If there are any open doors or lids, close them.
- Now try turning the printer on once again if it hasn’t yet turned on.
If the above-mentioned steps did not help you turn on your HP Printer back, this simply means that the blackout has damaged it permanently. In this scenario, you need to contact a technician who can help you in a better way.
- Disconnect the USB Connector
Printer is connected with a USB connector at its backside. Once disconnect the same and check if your printer is turning ON successfully or not? Turning on printer clearly points out some problem in USB cable; hence you immediately need to replace the old cable with a new one.
- Set your HP Printer as the Default
It is generally observed that people keep on asking this question that their HP Printer not turning ON when they unintentionally keep on sending print jobs to the wrong printer. When a print command is sent to the respective printer, Windows transmits that print job to the connected and set default printer. If you notice no print even after the print command, there may be chances that you have not set HP Printer to default. Please follow given steps to make your printer a default printer.
- Move to Control Panel and select Devices and Printers.
- Find you printer in the printing device’s list.
- Right click and choose Set as a Default Printer
- Press yes when you see a confirmation Prompt
- Switch on Printer after a Paper Jam
If you see a paper jam few minutes before on your printer, then this might affect other functions of your printer. If you shut down the printing device while the backup was still there, you can follow the steps below to restore power to it.
- Remove all the papers and clear paper jam.
- Check the trays, rollers, and other metal parts.
- Also, remove the paper in the feed, if any.
- Reload the paper. It’s best to fan the pages to avoid them from getting stuck together and causing the jam.
- Unplug the printing device from its outlet.
- Disconnect the cords attached to the printing device.
- At least wait for half a minute.
- Connect the power cord to the printer’s rear.
- Plug the printer into the outlet.
- It is time to, press the power button.
6. Inspect If The External Power Module Is Compatible With The HP Printer
If you find that your HP Printer utilizes an external power supply and you are unnecessarily worrying that why your HP printer not turning on. There may be some incompatibility issues with the wall outlet, power module and power cord. You need to check carefully that external power module is completely compatible with your printer.
7. Recycle Power To Your Printer.
Resetting the power module is another effective method to implement. If you face that your HP Printer is not turning ON, you must follow the below mentioned steps.
- Remove the power cable from your printer.
- Take away the power cable from its wall outlet.
- Wait for a while and then again reconnect the power cable to the printer.
- It is time to plug the cord directly into its wall outlet.
- Follow the most suitable steps provided below to initiate the power on/off cycle according to your printer model.
- Those printers with a ‘Power‘ button should press and release this button.
- Those printers with a ‘Power‘ switch should press this switch to the OFF position. Then, press the button to the ON position.
- If your printing device doesn’t switch on, wait for 10 seconds and press the power button.
8. Free Your Printer From A Shutdown Loop.
Majorly people find that after they manually shut down their printer and then power it, the printer attempts to shut down again. You can follow these steps to free your printer from this loop.
- Quickly Download and install the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- With the help of an Ethernet cable or a USB to connect the printer.
- While your printing device is on, run HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Scan for printers that are available.
- Choose the option of ‘Fix Printing.’
After reading this article, you know what to do when your HP printer won’t turn on. All these methods are effective at fixing this problem. However, if you cannot follow them and resolve the issue, connect with HP customer Service Phone Number. The technical experts will resolve all HP printer-related problems for you.